With the health and safety of our members and staff being of the utmost importance, we are continuing to require all of our members to wear a proper face covering while in our branches. This established practice is already in compliance with the most recent executive order on the topic.
Very early on in the pandemic, our employees were identified as Essential Workers here in Michigan. As such, they have been faithfully on the frontlines serving our over 13,000 members and member businesses since COVID-19 became prevalent in early March. They have bravely carried out their duties to ensure our members could continue to cash their checks, pay their bills, get replacement debit and credit cards, make cash withdrawals and deposits, and obtain loans – all while keeping our ATMs stocked with cash and drive-thru and ATM equipment sanitized on a regular schedule throughout each day. Most importantly, our ICCU team continues to be here to help those members who need loan payment deferments and other support due to layoffs and job loss. We appreciate each and every one of them for their continued service to our membership. With this in mind, the second quarter 2020 Above and Beyond Award was presented earlier this month to our entire staff for their tireless efforts throughout this critical time.
Thank you to all of our members, as well, for your patience and understanding throughout these unprecedented times. Many of you have tried new services and learned to use online banking, mobile check deposit, or even the drive thru for the very first time – we appreciate your continued support. As we have said since the very beginning, “We are stronger together, and together we will make it through!”
When you come into the office, please remember the following protocols that have been in place since our lobbies reopened on June 17th in order to protect our members and employees:
- Please bring only people who are necessary for your transaction.
- Physical distancing is required. Floors are marked to enable clear 6’ distancing while in line. If no marked waiting spaces are available, members are asked to wait outside until one opens up.
- Protective shields have been installed at the teller lines.
- Common and high-touch area are disinfected on a frequent schedule throughout the day. [Note: We also do this for the member-facing side of our drive thrus and ATMs, in addition to wiping down drive thru cannisters between each member.]
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the branches.
- Lobbies are fogged weekly to disinfect chairs, carpets, and common areas.
- Wednesday mornings, from 9:00 – 10:00 am, are reserved for seniors and other at-risk members.
I respectfully remind you, if you are visiting one of our branches, please wear a face covering. If you choose not to wear a face covering or are unable to wear one, we welcome you to use the drive-thru, which is available at most of our branches. We also have many convenient electronic delivery methods to choose from that you can access from our website.
From myself and the entire credit union team, thank you for your cooperation and we look forward to serving you and helping you with all of your financial needs.
To Your Health,
President & CEO